Sunday, September 30, 2007

The Geektarded HQ, deep in the bowels of Omaha

Well, it's been a bastard of a couple of weeks. Hectic and Hot and Not a whole lot of fun to be had. As you can see, the Geektarded HQ has suffered random dinosaur attacks, poorly domesticated zombie interns and my droid thinks it's Roddy McDowall. But I look dapper in my "Formal Friday" attire


My one respite, aside from bathing in unicorn placenta, has been this little gem: Midway Arcade Treasures 2 for the Gamecube (the Nintendo Wii will play it too)

Why's it so great, you ask? Aside from have a load of kick-ass arcade games on the disc like Mortal Kombat 2 &3, Primal Rage, Pit Fighter, Arch Rivals, Xybots, and Total Carnage, it has 2 of my all-time favorites: NARC and Xenophobe.

Both hold special places in my monkey-heart, since they were long time fixtures at my local comic shop Cosmic Comics. I loved Xenophobe so much that in college I bought one. Unfortunately it was a monster pain in the ass to move, so it was sold a few years later.

To christen the game, I grabbed a bottle of the limited edition Mountain Dew "Game Fuel" extreme Halo 3 beverage. It was actually pretty decent. I haven't drank a Dew in like 17 years, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But, it tasted exactly like Master Chief, and was orange colored so it felt Halloweeny. If I could compare it to anything, it reminded me of an old drink called "Tahitian Treat" that as far as I could tell was only sold in an out-of-the-way pop machine at my high school in the early 90s. If it didn't have like 300 calories in bottle, I'd buy it again.

And the arcade compilation was flawless and they're exactly like I remember them. Woooo!
---END TRANSMISSION---
DR. G

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A little off topic, Guys... I have a question. Today I found this site:
[url=http://www.rivalspot.com]Rivalspot.com - Playstation tournaments[/url]
They say you can play online FIFA Soccer game tournaments on any console for cash... had anyone tried that before? Looks like a cool idea...
Are there any other sites where you can play sports games for real moneys? I Googled and found only Bringit.com and Worldgaming.com but it looks these guys don't specialize in sport gamez. Any suggestions?