Tuesday, June 12, 2012

So, I'm adding a sketch blog to Geektarded...

 

A new feature is being added today: The "That Looks Cool" Sketch Blog.

I've been wanting to do this for a while now. I've found that I need to have some "fun time" while drawing, not just the normal grind. I wanted to do something to warm up and stretch the artist muscles a bit. Draw some things I don't normally draw. Mostly have some fun.

So here's the idea:
Each month I'm going to pick four things that I find visually striking/interesting/etc. from the Diamond Comics Preview catalog and do a drawing of the subject/character. Anything from comics to toys to dvds to games can pop up. It'll probably seem pretty random, but that's half the fun.

At the start of each month, I'll post the 4 characters/themes and images of each to give folks plenty of time to see whats ahead.


As part of the fun, I'd love to have others participate. So, if you'd like to join in, email you art to me at matt@grindhousecomics.net and I'll post your piece with that weeks theme. Please try and keep files under 2MB. Other than that have fun. There's also no cut off for sending art. I can add new images to the previous weekly posts. If you send an advance piece, I'll hold posting until that weeks them comes up in the rotation.


Without further ado, here's the themes for weeks 1, 2, 3 and 4.

 


Week 1- "Tiny" from Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Week 2- "Cybermen" from Doctor Who
Week 3- "Flying Dutchman" from Spongebob Square Pants
Week 4- "Lunatic" from an anime called "Tiger & Bunny"

A nice mix of characters. I hope this inspires you artists as much as it does me and hope to see some killer artwork soon.

Email me if you have any questions,
Matt aka Dr. G

No comments: