Sunday, August 19, 2007

Big pussy and the 6 inch Lizard: An experiment in TERROR!

Growing water figures. We've all heard about them. Some might know a relative or neighbor afflicted with one. Me, I had a Stripe, from Gremlins, one when I was a kid. They are the promises never kept. Disappointment on a blister card. Plus, you couldn't really play with the slimy buggers.
.
But, while at the Dollar Tree, these 2 caught my eye. I thought maybe with 20 years of absorbing technology behind them, these might grow to the monsters of my youthful dreams. Puss in the boots from "Shrek Pt 8: Manhattan Donkey Mystery" and the Lizard from Spider man. I can only assume these were the left over sucks from mainstream retailers, since there were no Shreks or Spidey to experiment on.
So, the package claims that after a few days submerge, they grow to nine inches.

And there they are! Nowhere near nine inches. I can't really blame them though. I've made the same claim many times too, only to disappoint.

In reality they grew to be about 6 inches and that was after 10 days in the bowl. And they look like wads of tumor meats.

But having them standing up gave me an idea...

Only partially submerging the figures. Wooo! Puss got back! And Lizard sports the Torgo thighs and a tiny arm. Now we're having fun.


Up next, giant heads!

No comments: