Sunday, June 24, 2007

So, you're asking yourself "How can I get the chashier to think I'm a jackass?"

Try out this little little equation next time you're buying dvds:

The 36th Chamber of Shaolin + Deep Red + Silver Spoons season 1
Jesus, you would've thought I had lobsters crawling outta my ass. But that's the price I pay for being a complicated guy who's tastes run the full gamut of crap.

The face that launched a thousand urges to punch the dvd box...


First let me say, I used to love "Silver Spoons" as a kid. But, rewatching some of those old childhoods shows can be as disappointing as Uncle Ed's homemade Transformers (ya' know, the ones made out of whisky bottles...yeah...) So, I found myself shocked that Silver Spoons held up and was actually pretty funny.

Now for those not in the know, "The Spoons" (as we in the fanfic newsgroup call it) aired from 1982 to 1987 and then for years in afternoon syndication. It's a simple tale of Ricky and his rich, man-child father, Edward Stratton III. With the lovely Wilma Deering from "Buck Rogers" (and the occasional guest appearance by Mr. T, Gary Coleman, Vicki from "Small Wonder" and the Killbots), Ricky and Edward try to teach each other some very special lessons.

In short: Com-O-dy Gold!

The first season's out there for around $20. Go get it now!



Dr. Geektarded gives "Silver Spoons season 1" a 4 out of 5

No comments: